Saturday, November 21, 2009

good morning sunrise.

When I see this outside.  I know I should be up already.  It's amazing how being a few minutes late to work seem to throw off the entire day. . . always a few minutes behind.   Never able to catch up.  Sounds like a bad dream.

But, alas.
For the past few days I've been busy serving a group of Baptist women.  About 40 lovely women.  They called me by name and I got them whatever they asked for. . . within reason.  They loved me and this morning when they left they kept slipping me $10 and $20.  In total they gave me (and another server was helping for a few of the meals) over $200.  

too bad full time staff doesn't get any portion of the tips. . . 

. . . and apparently I am capable and successful with mass quantity baking.  Yesterday I made 7 huge banana cakes, enough for 360 people, from scratch.  And it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment