Sunday, October 18, 2009

what to write.

Maybe I have no inspiration.  But mostly, I'm still trying to figure out what this blog should look like.  So, I'll just make it a little bit of everything. 

 Funny story: This past weekend we had about 4 different groups of all ages.  One group was just there to volunteer doing some maintenance around the camp for the day.  This was a group of about 8 10th graders and their youth paster from the church I used to attend during college.  Instant bonding.  Also, since they were sitting at a "staff" table (separate from the other groups because they were staff for the day) I personally checked on their table and refilled their platters of food and cookies countless times. Later that evening, many hours post dinner, as we were cleaning the dining hall, their youth pastor came in,  found me,  and asked if I would mind if the boys came into the hall and read me a poem.  Of course I didn't mind.  I love poetry.  So, 3 of the boys came in, gave me a poem telling me to read it tomorrow after they were gone, told me to never forget them and proceeded to have pictures taken with me on their cell phones.  HAHA.  It was a lovely love poem about how they were moths attracted to my beauty and featured a big picture of a heart surrounded by flowers with my name written inside.

Just a perk of serving boys extra cookies.  laughs. 

2 comments:

  1. anything for a poem from cute boys;) love you. love the blog. you've been added to my web clips...HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. never forget them, hannah, never :)

    you're gonna cause a lot of little high school heartbreaks this next year...

    ReplyDelete