Monday, December 7, 2009

but a sojourn.

Today I sat in a coffee shop on the island.
The same coffee shop I sat in about two months ago.
The same seat I had been sitting in after my interview.
The seat where I had sat across from my mother discussing the decision.
The decision to move to Long Beach Island and start a new life.

At the time I was torn.
I was excited about the location and the opportunity to serve.
But, I was scared and blinded by the comforts of home. 
Attempting to project my potential life.  Here or There?

And as I sat in the same seat this morning.
Having spent two months in my new life.
I was okay. 
And surprisingly at peace.

Thank you God.

Psalm 143. 



1 comment:

  1. i love this. and i'm trying to find a way to get your posts emailed to me or something, because i'm always behind on your soliloquies on life;) love.

    ReplyDelete